The Fulton County Sheriff’s Office Invites You to Become a Volunteer Reserve Deputy Sheriff
Reserve Deputy Sheriff’s enjoy the challenges and excitement offered by Law Enforcement, as well as the satisfaction of providing a worthwhile community service. The Fulton County Sheriff’s Reserve is comprised of men and women who volunteer their time to serve the community and the Sheriff’s Office. The Reserve Deputies work with various law enforcement agencies and charities throughout the State of Georgia.
Our Reserve Deputies work in every division of the Sheriff’s Office and their duties include, but are not limited to Civil Service, Warrants, Courts, Jail, Crowd Control, and Charitable events.
Our reserve deputies maintain the same annual training requirements as full-time members of the agency. The Reserve also staffs a Training Unit which trains members of our office, as well as law enforcement officers from other agencies throughout the State of Georgia. The citizens of Fulton County and the Fulton County Sheriff, invite you to consider a second career with one of the nation’s finest law enforcement reserve units.
The Fulton County Sheriff’s Office is constitutionally created to:
1. Maintain the Fulton County Jail;
2. Provide services needed and directed by the Court Systems;
3. Provide support and educational services to the community as a method of preventing and reducing crime;
4. Enforce the laws of the State of Georgia.
RESERVE DEPUTY SHERIFF
If you meet the qualifications and would like to begin or continue your law enforcement career with a proactive law enforcement agency that considers being professional, courteous, efficient and effective as the way to operate an agency, then we want you to join our team.
- Must be at least 25 years of age at the time of application for membership
- Must be in good physical and mental health with no disabling physical condition
- Must possess a valid Georgia driver’s license
- Must possess a United States High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- United States Citizenship required
- Must not have history of criminal or improper personal conduct that may affect suitability for police work
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must pass polygraph
If you can meet our requirements, and if you want to serve your community in an exciting and rewarding way, then the Fulton County Sheriff invites you to become a Reserve Deputy Sheriff and be a vital and active member of Georgia’s largest Sheriff’s Office.